Changes to my study programme :3

Hello! Today I’m going to talk about some changes and things I think will be good for my career.

I’m currently a 3rd year student of Engineering in Natural Renewable Resources. My career recently changed the program they had, actually this year 2021 is the first year with the new program. I still have the old one, for me the new program and the old one are at the same time similar and different. Anyway, I have noticed some changes like adding English to the program (to the people who enter before 2021 is not mandatory), I think this change is very important because there is a huge amount of work (papers, investigations, etc) in English and because you can communicate with people from different countries.

In other matters, I think my career has an important social part, but we don’t learn tools to help us communicate properly with people and this has been problematic in some subjects. We do have anthropology but in the last semester so it is not very helpful. Also, it is important to know how to share information in a way that every individual can understand, especially when it comes to socio-environmental conflicts. In my opinion we need to develop this better.

We learn many things theoretically speaking, but in practice we remain short. I think we need more field trips to apply what we have learned and get to know the reality of places with pollution problems and where there are socio-environmental conflicts. Besides, I have never seen a “trap camera” or tools to measure the contamination of a place, or at least know where we can send the samples.

There are more things, maybe next time I’ll share some ~~


See you!

Ps: A random ilustration 💗



Comentarios

  1. I noticed it too!! We have a huge amount of paper, reports, and essays in English. That is one of the reasons I took this elective.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think you're so right about the tools to help us comunicating with other people.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You are right D: we need to learn how to communicate with people in differents territories

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello Flopi! I agree with you, and now more than ever it opens many doors to speak another language.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I like the changes that you want to do! I never thought about some of those.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Adding English to the program on a mandatory basis was a good change, it is always necessary for the last years.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My future job ~

A country that i would like to visit